Thursday, October 22, 2009

Blog #2 for 510

What is there in your computer at home and at work that you just could not manage without? How did you handle this stuff before computers? Is there a way you protect your "stuff" or do you just worry about it. Or maybe you just don't worry about it until something bad happens.


I could not manage without my internet connection. I use the internet to pay my bills, keep in touch with friends, read the news, complete work, read my emails, and as well as play games and learn about new things. I have had a computer since I was 18. Before then, I any bills I had, I paid by check through the mail. I called my friends on the phone or actually met up with them to keep in touch. I watched the nightly news and read the newspaper that came to my apartment. I played board games and had hand held games as well as a Nintendo Entertainment System (the original NES) to keep me entertained. When I wanted to learn about new things, I went to the library or the bookstore and read a book to gain new knowledge.

Right now, every month or so, I back up my files on an external hard drive. I have been using a lot of Google tools, so most of my important document, images, etc. are backed up by Google. I just started using DropBox to back up the few documents I do have on my computer and to back up the music and photos I have. I have become much more proactive in protecting my data over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment