Sunday, November 8, 2009

Blog #4

Before taking this course I never really thought about the inside parts of the computer or disaster recovery on a business level. I really enjoyed learning about the parts of the computer and have wanted to do so for years. My husband is an IT director for Herzing University, which deals mainly in computer fields, and he’s going to bring me home a computer that has been taken apart so I can put it back together again. This is the first step before he will allow me to build my own computer. I also never thought about how much really goes into disaster recovery for a large scale business like a school district. I have had data recovered at school, and trusted in the IT staffs ability to do this, without every questioning how they do it. I am really interested to know more about how they keep our data backed up and secure. I learned so much that I can use in the future. I feel confident in helping others pick virus protection software and explaining to them how to keep their data save and secure. I feel comfortable explaining how a computer works to others. I now have the foundation to build upon if I ever did move into more of an IT role at school rather than a teaching role.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the MEIT course has helped me gain greater knowledge about the internal workings of computers. The Anti-Virus and Disaster Recovery assignments made me research and learn more about what goes into Internet Security (Virus, Firwall, etc.) and overall protection of data.

    The Alternative OS' assignment was very cool in that I learned that computers 'almost mothballed' still have potential for use. If anything, they can be great Internet machines provided one can get appropriate security in place.

    ReplyDelete