Thursday, July 29, 2010

CEDO535: Week 3 - RSS, and Flickr, and Google Sites OH MY!







I learned a lot more about RSS this week and will be able to carry this on to my school. I started a blog where I will share tools, how-to's, and other technology-related ideas with my peers, students, and community. I added my RSS blogroll to my blog so others can use these resources and see where I get all of my great ideas from. I think it would be great to show other teachers how to use RSS so that we can incorporate this technology into their (and their student's) research. In fifth grade, students do a research report. This would be a great way for them to research without even doing the work! It's like cheating, but in an awesome way. This is a great blog I read about RSS in schools. You should check it out- and read the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Showing other teachers the RSS will be good idea. I know I want to show it to the History teachers because the students do these weekly current event pieces that this would be incredible for. They always complain about finding good stuff and some of the stuff they find is junk. If they each followed a different blog something cool could happen. Good luck with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your blog. I want to do the same with a wiki for fourth grade teachers. I, too, can't wait to share the concept of RSS feeds with the faculty and principal at my school. I've built in a current event component to my fourth graders' state fair project this year that RSS feeds would really help them with. Thank you for the blog link. I look forward to picking through it to see what I can find and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great that you are writing a blog to share and also including your blog roll. I look forward to checking it out myself! We learn so many great things in our classes that it is nice to have a portal to share with others in our school and the world if we so choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, once again I am impressed with your blog. You have really applied some interesting pieces that we’ve been learning about. Your work has inspired me to spend some time in the coming weeks to work on making mine more appealing.

    I am on the same page with you on using an RSS as a professional resource for the teachers at my school. My hope is that they will become so comfortable using it that they will want to use it with their students. In my district, all students are required to do grade appropriate research project. Your idea to use RSS for your fifth grader’s research paper is right on! I wonder if I can get my co-workers to use it with their students!

    ReplyDelete