Thursday, February 10, 2011

Leadership and Planning Week 1

Where to begin?!

This week I learned a lot about what it takes to be a good leader, theoretically. I learned about the qualities and virtues a good leader must possess, and what leadership qualities I possess. I was happy with the qualities that I was found to have through the assessment that we did. I was not, however, pleased with my virtues placement. I was told that I would not be a good leader because of the Supportive part of Dynamic Supportive. However, in the book, it says that good leaders are supportive, so that was really confusing to me.

I do need to learn to be more impartial. I have very strong opinions, though I am willing to listen to others, I tend to keep my own opinion, at least I see this politically. I constantly get into fights with Republicans :)

I'm not a humble person. It's just the way it is. I don't think I'm the cat's meow or anything, but I'm not submissive by any means. I can laugh at myself and I am vulnerable. I own up to my mistakes [when I make them ;) ] I really enjoyed this blog article about humility. It made me feel better about myself.


So far, I am really liking the book. The first chapter gave me a great overview about what makes a good leader. There is SO much information out on the Internet about leadership and leadership qualities, that I find it hard to discern it all. I found this great post about being a teacher leader at Edutopia :) You might enjoy it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment