Sunday, April 24, 2011

The end is near!

My culminating project is finished and I'm working on adding the final touches to my portfolio. I'm then going to transfer it, and all of my work, to a my personal google account(s). As this program comes to an end, I can't help but be a little sad. It's become such a 'normal' part of my daily life that I don't know what I'm going to do with my time!

I can honestly say that I've put most of what I've learned these past two years to use in my classroom. I am a technology teachers, so I obviously use computers daily with my students, however, I've begun to question the 'status quo' for our technology program. We are teaching to the old standards and they are just not good enough. I've had multiple discussions with our district technology coordinator, who is also one of the vice superintendents, and he is on board with me initiating some major changes. He has asked a peer of mine, as well as myself, to rethink the scope and sequence of our program this summer and find out where we are lacking in the way of 21st Century Skills. It's going to be a daunting task, but I feel, due mainly to this program, I'm up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment