The video I watched, Habitats, was a third grade lesson where students created slide shows about a specific habitat. I really like this lesson and I think it is something I can incorporate into my third grade curriculum. The students not only learn about the habitat, but also create a new animal or plant that could survive in that environment (synthesizing information). This project is great in that it moves from basic knowledge up through Bloom's to synthesis. I also like how this project requires group collaboration, which I think my students do not get enough of. This project also forces me to let go and let the students be creative and independent which is really important.
I have never seen this website and it is definitely something I will be able to use in my classroom.
Hi there Sarah, I did like the website as well and will recommend my co-workers to look at it for ideas for new lessons. I didn't find a whole lot of lessons I could use in my current curriculum but am going to take a look at the older level lessons and see if I can use parts of them rather than the whole lesson or change it up just a bit to better fit my students.
ReplyDelete