Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Week 3

This week we are exploring spreadsheets, evaluation software, lesson plan websites, as well reading about supporting creativity and problem solving in our students through technology enhanced activities. I really like the NetTrekker website and will use this to find new lesson plans that I can tweak to fit my needs. I've already had fun looking at a few spreadsheet activities that I can use with my fourth and fifth graders. My district has no set way to buy software, so I am using the evaluation forms to help nudge them in the right direction. Hopefully the new IT Director will put in a specific procedure for purchasing software. This week was much less stressful for me because I am very familiar with spreadsheets and I always look around on the Web to find lesson plans. I love this website for lesson plans (it was also mentioned in our text).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Internet4Classrooms link. I can't wait to peruse it for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to sign our school up for a NetTrekker trial after the break. I want our teachers to start integrating technology into their lesson plans and their every day classroom. We have the resources as far as computers are concerned. Now we need to get the teachers the resources to use the computers in a meaningful way.

    ReplyDelete