I learned a lot this week. I got to view a lot of really great PowerPoint presentations and that has helped me to make my own really great PPT. I am now more confident that I can get my point across when giving a presentation, rather than putting my audience to sleep. I am also a little more likely to use PPT in the classroom and hopefully my new found skills will rub off on my coworkers who have atrocious ppts!
I now feel confident that I can make a digital story. I am worried about the whole design piece of it, as I sometimes don't feel very artsy. I found this website and it has given me even more resources for my own digital stories as well as ideas for the classroom.
I'm thinking about making some family story digital stories this summer. Especially ones to remember my deceased grandparents, to share with my family. I am going to research more about their lives before I knew them (my grandpa was in the Navy during the Korean war). I think this will be a great summer project!
Thanks for sharing that website Sarah! I also found it useful! I agree that there was a lot of great information on how to make powerpoints better and am anxious to redo many of the ones I have been using in my classroom. I also like your summer project! I'm going to create a way to use Animoto in my computers class and in my social studies classes.
ReplyDeleteLike anything we improve with practice. You're doing great!
ReplyDelete