Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week 4: The plot thickens

I am really excited about using Prezi. I am in love with the functionality of this tool! I am a little flustered by the Pecha Kucha. I want to make it something I'm enthusiastic about, so I chose my cats (I'm such a crazy cat lady!)

I really wish we had made a great digital story from start to end throughout this class. I think that would have helped me to use digital storytelling in my classroom next year.

I loved looking at the sample presentations in Pres. Zen. They were helpful for getting a big picture idea of what a good presentation looks like. Then, watching the Ted videos gave me a full circle look at what it LOOKS like to be a good presenter.

I am feeling more confident in my ability to create and give a great presentation. I am still not so sure about my ability to create a great digital story, much less teach a student how to do so. I'm guessing this will come with research and practice.

2 comments:

  1. I have been really happy with Prezi. Such a cool tool that could almost take the place of brainstorming software like Inspiration.

    The Pecha Kucha has me a little on edge. A theme in our course is about moving away from letting format drive our presentations. Yet, Pecha Kucha is not so much a format as it is presentations with constraints. I have to keep that in mind as I have this Yin and Yang tussle about it going on in my mind.

    I think you should do something about your cats. Perhaps a story about how they spend their day and what they see outside the window. And, Kitties meet Charlie the puppy! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I too found Prezi extremely functional. Making mistakes in Prezi were not scary and easy to undo as well as fix. I love that a single click allowed me access to the "zebra" and double clicking allows access to a text box.

    I share your frustration with Pecha Kucha.

    ReplyDelete