Sunday, October 10, 2010

540 Week 4


This week we are looking at Bill Tancer and the company Hitwise. I bought the book he wrote, Click, and am loving it. It's really interesting! I am enjoying reading about what our searchs say about our society as a whole and am stunned at how accurate this method is. I would suggest picking up this title for your Kindle if you have one.


I was searching through Hitwise and was surprised that 4 out of the 10 top search terms this past month had to do with Facebook. I know it's popular, but 2/5 of all internet searches?! The number one fastest moving search term was "rare pink hippo", so of course I had to google it! He's really cute! I was not surprised then, when I started typing "rare pink" into my google search box, that it finished with hippo on it's own. :) I love you google.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I'm glad you are enjoying the book, Click. I'm in the processes of ordering it as well. I'm anxious to start. I really like your search and just searched it myself as well! Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, are you a data lover? Fascinated with numbers? Just kidding! I enjoyed what I read from Click, but not enough to own my own copy...maybe I'll visit the library.

    Facebook has taken over the world...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also fascinated with the info on the hitwise site and amazed at what we can learn from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,

    I wonder how you see the connection between Click and your classroom. I'm struggling with what to do with this information!

    Thanks,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete