What type of technologies can I use to help students identify similarities and differences of different technologies?
I have a few great tools that I think I can use in my classroom across all of the ages that I teach. I can use Kidspiration with my 2nd graders and Inspiration with my 3-5 graders to create comparison and classification charts. I can use the tables feature in any of the word processing apps that we currently have to create the same types of charts. I think that with the age levels that I work with, these two options are the best available on our system.
I can think of a time that I asked students to do homework and practice at home for typing reinforcement and it did not go well. Unfortunatley, not all students have access to a computer. Many of my students are living below the poverty level and they were unable to complete the homework/practice. This made the achievement gap even greater between them and the students who had computers at home. I no longer give homework. I do, however, offer extra pratice that students can take home and paper keyboards for those who do not have a computer so that they can at least practice the fingering of the keys.
What questions do I have about using technology to generate and test hypothesis in my classroom?
- What types of hypothesis are relevant for my subject area?
- Can I integrate with another subject area to make this a feasible technique to use in my classroom?
No comments:
Post a Comment